PediatricSuite's Growth Chart module supports gestational age correction visually on the chart view by adding virtual values that correspond to the measured value but offset by a gestational correction value. The value of the gestational correction is determined by the Gestational correction mode. The virtual value is linked with the actual value with an arrow.
Prematurely born patient without gestational correction applied.
Prematurely born patient with gestational correction applied.
Reverse Gestational Age Correction
Reverse Gestational Age Correction mode displays prominently the corrected values and lightly displays the values sourced from the EHR.
Prematurely born patient with gestational correction applied and reversed.
Gestational Age Correction Settings
Gestational age correction settings can be accessed by selecting the Growth Chart Settings icon in the title bar of the Growth Chart module.
- Gest Correction on/off - display gestational correction on the chart by putting additional virtual values that correspond to the measured value but offset by a gestational correction value. The value of the gestational correction is determined by the Gestational correction mode. The virtual value is linked with the actual value with an arrow
- Reverse Gest Correction on/off - when gestational correction is switched on, setting this switch to on will switch places of the actual measured values with the virtual gestationally corrected values. This will bring the corrected values to more prominence, the hover on label will be activated on the virtual values and the displayed percentile will be for the virtual value. Also, the growth line will turn purple to indicate that the viewed values aren't actual measurements.
- Gest correction mode - mode on how to display gestationally corrected data and arrows and how to calculate the gestational correction offset
- Fixed - correction is a constant for all values
- Variable - correction is calculated for each affected measurement
- Mixed - display fixed and variable corrections at the same time
- Gest Correction Max Age - apply gestational correction (if on) to data for measurements made before the selected age of the patient, values measured after the selected age of the patient will NOT be gestationally corrected